Originally housed in an old army barracks since 1947, the current building was dedicated in 1981.
St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church was canonically established by Charles P. Greco, sixth Bishop of Alexandria on March 1, 1947.
Father Michael Prevot was appointed Pastor and Masses were celebrated in City Park Auditorium until August 31, 1947. On that day Mass was offered in the first Church building which was formerly Chapel No. 1436 of Camp Claiborne.
Since the untimely death of Father Prevot, the Parish has been served by Monsignor Gerard J. Ducote, Monsignor Martin J. Tyrrell, Father Bernard Zagst, Father Gerard Foley, Monsignor Ronald Hoppe and the present Pastor is Father Chad Partain.
The present Church building begun in 1979 and was dedicated by Bishop Lawrence P. Graves, seventh Bishop of Alexandria on August 16, 1981